MS3 : ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL ENVIRONMENT
1. What do you understand by the socio-cultural environment of business and how is it important for business ? Briefly explain with suitable examples. (20)
2. Examine the growth of public sector in India and analyse its contribution to overall economic development. (20)
3. What are the main features of Rao - Manmohan Model of Development ? Do you agree with the statement that while the model succeeded on growth, it failed on equity ? Discuss. (20)
4. Analyse the major trends in the growth of India's foreign trade and its implications on production, employment and technology. (20)
5. "Economic reforms were ad hoc and not driven by clear goals and objectives." Discuss in detail. (20)
6. What are the basic objectives of fiscal policy ? Analyse India's fiscal policy in the light of these objectives. (20)
7. Write short notes on any two of the following : (20)
(a) Management Movement
(b) Relationship between Government and Private sector
(c) Administered price mechanism
(d) Trade policy reforms
1. Examine the critical elements of lndia's economic environment, especially after the introduction of the New Economic Policy in 1991.
2. Examine the growth of private sector in lndia and analyse its contribution to overall economic development.
3. What is Foreign Direct Investment ? Assess the quantitative and qualitative impact of the lndustrial Policy, 1991 on the inflows of Foreign Direct lnvestment in India.
4. Examine the growth of lndia's foreign trade in respect of its composition and direction since 1991.
5. Analyse India's recent growth experience, clearly identifying the role of savings (household, publlc and corporate) in gross domestic capital formation.
6. Critically examine the recommendations of the Narasimham Committee.
7. Write short notes on :
(a) "Business must be run in a socially responsible manner." Critically examine in the context of Indian business
(b) lndustrial Sickness in lndia.